Boiler Servicing is the procedure of examining the central heat and boiler system. An expert of a safe gas engineer checks whether these systems are working smoothly. In case of a problem, he will help you by resolving the issue in your boiler. The process takes less than an hour; however, it depends on the appliance.
Furthermore, an essential thing that you should know before finding a boiler repair service is a complete checklist. No doubt, the Gas Safe Engineer will do his work and try to satisfy you fully. But, how will you assure yourself whether the service provider did his work honestly or not? Therefore, here is a brief checklist for you that helps you examine that everything is going the way it should be.
A Boiler Service Checklist
- Visual inspection: The first thing is to check if the engineer inspects the boiler righteously? Did he try to find the distress coming in your boiler or not?
- Inspection of controls: There are some controls on your boiler that allow you to operate the boiler. You need to monitor it; the boiler service provider inspects each by using them.
- Flue and combustion releases: Flue is the pipe connected from the boiler to the outside of the house. An engineer should also check this pipe to see if there is any sign of termination, construction, and damage. If there is any need for repair, he’ll do it.
- Clean the boiler components: Ensure the repairer must clean all the essential parts such as heat exchanger, ignition pins, flue ways and burner.
- Checks and Record: A reliable engineer makes a list of checks that include pilot burner check, flue effectiveness, gas & pressure flow, seals test and many more. He has to check each of the functions correctly.
Here is a short guide to follow before searching for a boiler service near me. Unquestionably, the checklist will help you for inspecting the performance of the Gas Safe Engineer you choose.