Installation repairing and maintenance of pipes are the basic duties of plumbers. Along with it fixtures and other plumbing tools that they use for water distribution to the home. And wastewater disposal, drainage away from residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Among all, the main job of plumbers is fixing the things which includes:
- Leaky pipes
- Bathtubs and toilets
- Obstructed toilets and showers
- Kitchen drains
- Dripping faucets
- Washing machines
Besides fixing plumbers install fresh plumbing and drainage systems. Install new pipes and water heaters. They can also adjust the water pressure.
What are the most common plumbing problems that need to be fixed on time
There are different plumbing issues, each of these problems needs different solutions depending on their condition. You only realize the importance of hiring a plumbing company until we face the plumbing issues. Some of these problems are easy to fix by ourselves, while others need to be solved by professionals. One should be aware of plumbing issues so that he can call plumbing contractors when they are in need.
Here are some common plumbing problems, we should get aware of:
- Clogged toilets and drains
- Leaky pipes and faucets
- Water Geyser issues
- Water pressure problems
- Running toilet
Moreover, here are tips to overcome these problems.
Clogged toilets and drains
Signs of Clogged toilets are seen at the very initial stages. Instead of normal flushing, water started gathering in the toilet after getting a shower or using water. Besides gathering in the toilet, sometimes it can overflow too. You can use a plunger to remove the clog. The plunger is a simple plumbing tool that loses the clog using air pressure.
Besides the plunger, you can also use chemical drain cleaners to remove a clog. If you observe repeated clog then you should make a call to a plumber. A plumber can remove the clog without any damage to the pipes. They make sure to have the same problems in the future.
Leaky faucets and pipes
Leaky faucets and pipes are the most common plumbing issue in homes. Besides a plumbing issue, it is a waste of money. Leaky faucets and pipes waste a lot of water and hence money. Fixing leakage at a time can save up to 10 percent daily on your water bill.
Leaking can cause major damage if not resolved on time. Replacing the washer that is causing the problem is a better option than dealing with it temporarily. If you want to avoid any mess then you should let the professional plumbers handle the problem.
Water geyser issues
You can notice water geyser issues at the very initial stage when you go for a shower. It becomes very awkward when you go for a shower and suddenly notice that your geyser is not working. Due to this, you have to take a shower with cold water.
Water pressure problems
Low water pressure is a common problem in old houses. If you notice that water is trickling instead of gushing out, this is the sign of low water pressure. It is usually caused by leakage in old pipes, due to corrosion or breaking of pipes.
It can also occur in new houses too. The problem can worsen over time depending on the reason behind it. It is important to hire a plumber to replace leaked or broken pipes before it damages the walls of your house.
Among many running toilets is the most common and annoying toilet plumbing problem. Although the toilet still works, it wastes a lot of water. Along with wastage of water, it produces annoying sounds too.
It is difficult to avoid toilet plumbing issues, it is better to have a regular inspection of your toilet. For this act go-to plumbing contractors and get resolved your plumbing issues.
Job duties and tasks of a plumber
The basic job duties of a plumber are already mentioned above. It includes installation and fixation of new pipes, maintenance, and repairing of broken and leaking pipes. Maintaining drainage systems and fixing water heaters.
Here are briefly described job duties of a plumber.
- Assemble pipes and tubes and fit them with the help of plumbing tools. Plumbing tools include screws, clamps, bolts, and plastic solvents. Along with it couplings, brazing, and welding equipment are also used.
- Detecting leakage with the help of filling water or air to observe pressure gauges.
- To determine further procedures, plumbers go through building codes and specifications. They have a look at the blueprints too.
- Professional contractors prepare hardcopy documents to confirm a contract. And gives you handwritten cost estimates.
- They plan a proper sequence of installing pipes to avoid any obstruction and damage to electric wires.
- They select the materials and tools by inspecting the building plans and structure.
- Prepare detailed written files of all the tasks and procedures.
- Keep work reports and calculations of every task.
- Mark passage holes and connections during the pipe installing process. For this, they use specific measuring tools such as levels and rulers.
- They use power tools and machines to cut, thread, and measure pipes. Then also bend pipes to the required angle.
- Along with pipe installation and fitting valves and appliance repair is also a duty of the plumber. Appliances includes dishwashers, water heaters, and sinks.
- Opening clogged toilets and drains is another duty of plumbers. Along with it, they replace defective washers, mending leaky pipes.
- During the renovation, clearing debris and maintaining the drainage.
- Plumbing service is also required in hospitals. Where they install oxygen and medical gases.
- Professional plumbers use special techniques and materials while working with small pipes. Such as using computerized welding machines and microchip fabrication.
How to choose a good plumber
Here are the tips to choose a plumbing service. Whenever you need a plumber, go for a licensed plumber only. Especially when you are a resident of the US. These states required licenses. Choose a plumber who can show you proof of insurance. Choose a plumber who has good experience. Ask them how long they are working in a plumbing company. The more experience the plumber or company has, the better.
The plumber should give you the proper estimated charges of the problem to be solved. Before starting the procedure, the plumber should be able to tell you the estimated new parts needed.
Before hiring a plumbing service, check the references near your area. Check out that their previous customers are satisfied with their service or not.
You should know how the plumber will charge. He is going to charge you according to the time or their charges are fixed for the problem. Check out all these things before hiring a professional plumbing service.
Hiring a plumber is the common requirement of every person. Besides repairing and maintaining plumbing issues, regular inspection is also required. Delaying in plumbing issues can worsen them. Regular inspection not just protects you from any major problem but saves your money too. It is better to get timely plumbing issues solved by hiring a professional plumbing service.