How to choose quality and comfortable bed sheets? Do not miss these 9 tips to choose comfy, soft and easy-to-care sheets!
Is there a more comfortable place than your bed?
If we take into account that we spend a third of our lives sleeping, it is important to know how to choose and how to invest in bedding.
Today there is an endless range of options and prices. But do not despair! We will tell you 9 tips to choose high quality sheets that are resistant to time.
- Choose sheets by the number of threads
The first big myth to tear down. It is often believed that the more threads the fabric of the sheets has, the softer and more durable they are. This is not true.
A 300 thread count sheet made with high quality cotton can be more comfortable than a 600 thread count version with poorer quality fiber. Today, there is a wide variety of materials available and that is where the difference lies.
- How to choose sheets depending on the material
Material is the key for good bed sheets and what determines its quality. The material must be resistant, anti-peeling, insulating, anti-allergic and easy to wash. Cotton is undoubtedly the best ally of good sheets.
However, there is bedding that combines cotton and synthetic fibers, giving very good results. The important thing? It must contain at least 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
- Egyptian cotton: It is the best quality and also the most expensive, its fibers are extra-long, which produces luxurious and extremely durable sheets.
- Pima cotton: It is a medium for extra-long fiber material, known for its softness and shine, and it is cheaper than Egyptian cotton.
- Linen: They are one of the most expensive sheets. Linen bedding is ideal for hot climates. Ironing them is pretty difficult.
- Synthetic: It is the cheapest and most durable material. Your advantage? It is resistant to wrinkling.
- Choose your sheets according to fabric
What you feel to the touch depends on how those sheets are woven. The favorite weave is satin, because it is tight and soft, resulting in light and fresh bedding. The other option is the super tight and dense microfiber fabric, which is wrinkle resistant and extra-soft in texture.
- The design of sheets: a fundamental aspect
Bedding is a fundamental piece to get together with the overall design of your bedroom. Choose bed sheets with a motif according to the style of your bedroom and do not be afraid to innovate.
- Choose sheets for each season of the year
Depending on the temperature you want to keep in your bed and how often you want to change it, it will be the key to choosing the type of sheets and how many sets to have.
Keep in mind that summer sheets can be used year-round. Just add a quilt and blanket to make your bed more cozy during the colder months. Bedding made from natural fibers allows air to circulate, unlike what happens with sheets made from 100% synthetic materials.
- Find the sizes of the sheets that fit your bed
Check the size of your mattress, before buying the sheets. Nothing is more uncomfortable than large or small bedding. Sheets that do not fit perfectly, do not work. There are many types of mattresses and of varying dimensions. In addition to the width and length, you have to take into account the height of the mattress.
- Choose sheets according to their functionality
Each sheet will determine what you are looking for in your bedding. For example, maintaining a suitable temperature; choosing the best quality / price option, or practicality, such as wrinkle-free, among others. Depending on the functionality you want, it will be what you should take into account to choose the right sheets.
- Complete your bed linen set
The sheets are very important because they are what will allow you a proper rest. But the quilt will be the cherry on the cake, so its correct choice is also essential. Make sure that this duo gets along to guarantee a pleasant rest.
- Take good care of your sheets
Wash your sheets every week or at most every 15 days; do not apply chlorine because the fibers deteriorate and lose softness over time; choose a medium or slow wash cycle and do not iron them unless they are linen.
If you have the best antimicrobial bed sheets, you can wash them 3x less often.
We hope these tips will help you to choose the sheets that will best suit what you are looking for.